As part of our spiritual path to find Union, we find balance and harmony in the Sacred Divine Feminine and Masculine principles. It is best to understand that these principles are found in every human being, regardless of gender.
Throughout spiritual traditions, the masculine principle has been represented, in Greek mythology to Christendom, as male deity or “God”. Which gives reverence to the divinity of masculine spiritual path. These figures represent divine masculine through the qualities they embody.
Also known as yang, shiva, or solar energy, the Divine Masculine is ruled by the elements of sun (fire) and sky (air).
As the sacred counterpart of the Divine Feminine, the Divine Masculine is an active force that is responsible for order, structure, passion, willpower, and courage.
It is vital that we activate the sacred Masculine energies within in order to fully encompass our spiritual power and path. As we embrace the awakening of our Sacred Masculine, we hone and empower our confidence, become more grounded, activate our inner strength, and develop keen discernment.
Unfortunately, with the rule of patriarchy, masculine energy has been represented as brute force, aggression, anger, and over powering the weak. According to Moore & Gillette in their book, King Warrior Magician Lover, the describe patriarchy has the expression “of the immature masculine… expression of its shadow”. Patriarchy from their viewpoint is an attack of masculinity in its fullness as well as femininity in its fullness.
Remember, we all possess sacred feminine and sacred masculinity. The objective is to seek harmony and balance within. For example, leadership may be a masculine quality, however, we can find leadership in men or women regardless of gender.
To better integrate masculine energy in your life, incorporate the following practices:
- Acknowledge Your current relationship to the Masculine principles.
- Start right where you are. What feelings or thoughts come up for you as it relates to masculinity? Journal your thoughts.
- Affirm your identity and expression
- Write affirmations that express your masculine traits i.e I am Confident. I am self-disciplined. I am a warrior. Etc
- Work with Archetypes or Dieties
- Whether you find solace with Jesus, Krishna, Buddha or Horus. Select as connect a masculine archetype or deity that best represents your ideal masculine energy.
- Take More Inspired Action
- Be willing to take inspired risks when the opportunity comes. When you believe in yourself and confident in the Divine having your back, you will take more leaps of faith.
- Stand up for yourself
- Excessive feminine energy can make one too passive and agreeable. Standing in your masculine energy creates healthy boundaries for you and others. Boundaries are loving and protective, even if they may offend others. Know that you hurt yourself more when you do not stand on your boundaries.